Hearing all the talk of DADT makes me wonder why no one ever has to tell everyone that they are out of the closet as a straight up HETROSEXUAL. Really has anyone ever said those words?
People I know who have come out of the closet all have stories about how they have told people. I was in a car once with a co-worker, whom I suspected was gay, but seeing the rainbow hanging from his rear view mirror, he came out and told me. If he had reached for my knee, I would have told him that that wasn't going to happen. Most of the reasons that I have never acted on any of my feelings toward the male physique is that I'm not GAY. The people I know that came out of the closet, never realized that it must have been made of glass because while it was obvious before they were gay before they said it out loud, it seems natural after they came out.
At my age, being gay means that you like musicals, that you like the old woman with the dark hair that sang some song about jazz...... Liza Minnelli, that your wrist was limp, and the you touched guys in public in a way that no guy should be touch. Being on a float in a pride parade, grinding groins together while wearing speedos, is not some lifestyle that I want to be a part of, and frankly I can see why some fundamentalist would have some opposition to that, and would act to try to stop the grinding. Now I know these are all stereotypes, but still, even Jack on "Will and Grace" promotes that stereotype, I think even Will is to gay for my taste. Another male celebrity that came out of the closet on national tv was Reichen while on the "Amazing Race". He seemed the ideal of what a masculine man should look and act (even if it was just for the camera.) Now I see him on that reality show "The A-List: New York" and I wouldn't be surprised if you told me that his balls had been surgically removed.
Why is there not stereotype of two guys that are men, act like men, and also like to fuck like men? I have topped the same guy twice now, and I'm not going to sit back and say that he looks nice and worry about his feelings, I'm going to put my dick in his mouth till it gets hard, then put on a condom on it, turn him around and put that wrapped package in his happy place, repeatedly till I say I've had enough. We're two guys that have just shared a physical exertion and are both happy with the outcome. I may have to revised my thinking at some point in the future, but for now this is what goes through my mind.
PS: The image is from Reichen's MySpace page and is from a Halloween party, I'm in no way implying that he has gone so gay as to want to be a woman, or dress in women's clothes, or look good in drag, even as a joke. (from 2007)

Well said!
ReplyDeleteThere are plenty of men who are within shouting distance of what you describe above, "guys that are men, act like men, and also like to fuck like men." Personally, I hate musicals, can't abide Ms Minelli, and wouldn't want to date 'Jack' or his real-life analog - though I'd probably fuck him in the context of a sex party if there wasn't much conversation involved.
ReplyDeleteAs to why there aren't more images or role models that don't pander to more effeminate stereotypes I can't really say. My only advice is to take your cues from the men you meet whose company you enjoy and ignore the rest of the culture (gay or straight) as far as possible.